Thursday, April 5, 2012

Resurrection Weekend

Good Friday and Easter Sunday or Resurrection Sunday are coming up this weekend.  What do those days mean to you?  How will you celebrate?  I've been thinking a lot about the meaning of this season.  I've been impressed anew with my sin and my inability to help myself.  I've been impressed anew with God's grace, reaching down to me.  God sent his One and Only Son to this earth to die on a cross for my sins, your sins - to pay the debt I could not pay, a debt He did not owe.  Think about that...

On a lighter note, welcome to my first blog post.  Hopefully the first of many.  They won't all be preachy, but that's what was on my heart tonight.  This blog is for the girls I love.  The ones in the picture are my beautiful sisters (and me) -- examples of wise women.  But we are all still growing.  And I hope my daughters continue growing toward wisdom.  This blog is mostly for the thoughts that I hope my girls know as they grow up. Some of my girls are a little more grown up than others:  my daughters range in age from 24 to 5.   It will contain some of my beliefs, some of my trials, some of my homemaking tips, some of my recipes, some parenting thoughts, etc.  I'm excited to finally get this started - it's been in my head for a while now.

I wish you a peaceful Resurrection weekend. I'll be attending a Good Friday service, attempting to accomplish some catch-up around the house on Saturday and attending church on Sunday followed by a gathering at my son's house.  I'm trying to figure out if I have the ingredients to make Resurrection Cookies.  We made Resurrection Rolls last year, but the Cookies are a little more involved.  We'll see what actually happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment